• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GO GIANTS

gwb72tii

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Ranger's! at least for the AL; looking like, (although I'm not counting the 'twinkie's" or Rays just yet) Rangers/Yankees ALCS and being a 40 year Red Sox fan, I'm hoping for the Yank's to exit. Jack, you're from Mass. but a Yankee fan? ohh boy. Rangers swept the Yanks their last meeting, hoping for the same. For the NL, and series overall, the Phil's all the way., best 3 starters going without a doubt.

Tim.

Go Ranger's! at least for the AL; looking like, (although I'm not counting the 'twinkie's" or Rays just yet) Rangers/Yankees ALCS and being a 40 year Red Sox fan, I'm hoping for the Yank's to exit. Jack, you're from Mass. but a Yankee fan? ohh boy. Rangers swept the Yanks their last meeting, hoping for the same. For the NL, and series overall, the Phil's all the way., best 3 starters going without a doubt.

Tim.

Having grown up in the Ithaca area but for the last 25 yrs in MA, i simply could not change my allegiance. I respect the sox, but I'm a Yankee fan thru and thru! Being a Yankee fan in NE is interesting as I have a million $20 bets with my customers every year. I seem to pay but seem to never collect;)

I did change once. I remember, like it was yesterday, as a 9 yr old, excitedly asking my Dad how the Brooklyn Dodgers were going to do in the upcoming season. I vividly recall the concerned look on his face. "Well, Jack, there are no more Brooklyn Dodgers. they moved to LA". "What! What do you mean, Dad? they can't do that! They are the BROOKLYN Dodgers." I moved across town to the Yankees and have been very happy there. Oh, and by the way, the Dodgers suck!

hum baby

lincecum is one tough guy

its sooo good to have a team you've rooted for forever play in october

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Hoping Cliff Lee has a banner night tonight with lots of run support; Texas should be up 2-0 but lousy bullpen work in game 1, 8th inning did them in., still though, something about the Yankees and late game comebacks. Great game last night for Oswalt, how about him ignoring the "stop" sign while base running., he did score though. I think the Phillies and Texas need to take 2 of 3 on the road. Been a Buckeye fan since the wild Woody Hayes days, Oregon #1 now.

Tim.

I'm saying Rangers in 6 and Phillies in 6; Cliff Lee simply dominant last night and it is great to see Josh Hamilton's bat come alive as well, this guy has gone though quite a bit, especially on a personal level. Sad thing for us Red Sox fans is that Cliff will be probably wearing pinstrips next year instead of a ballcap with a "B" on it. Do like those Giants though Armond/GWB, Cody Ross is a hitting machine and if Aubry Huff gets going, could be very interesting.

Tim.

cliff lee is a machine. like one of the commentators said, his idea of pitching around a hitter is to change locations in the strike zone. would love to see him stay with the rangers and not succomb to the yankee pinstripe "buy the best player" method of baseball.

GO GIANTS!

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Man, great games yesterday, especially for Texas! Cain pitched a great game and "commander" Cody Ross comes through again. A-Rod has been AWOL and now Texiera is out for the season, Rangers down 3-2 in the 6th and then they blast away, 10-3 win. Only hope for them is for CC to get them back to Texas, come on Texas, end it today.

yes, go texas, and GO GIANTS

i admit to being a lifelong giants fan, but its fun to hear the fox announcers pump up the phillies throughout the game only to hear their tone of voice at the end.

TBS is better than fox for baseball

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Yeah, with Fox we have Tim McCarver and Joe Buck..liked the Giants during the Willie McCovey years, along with Juan Marichal, but back then I was really in to the Pirates; Clemente, Sanguillen, Stargell etc..Could go for a Giant's/Ranger's series as well.