• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB '02 track/race car

Rigmaster

Haven't been around here much lately, but I've gotten the bug for a 2002 Track/race car.

Those who know me know that I am looking for a good deal on something. I don't need it to be a perfect show car- in fact, I'd prefer that it was not.

Stock-ish engine/drivetrain is fine, though I'm not opposed to some reliable upgrades. I already have a bunch of parts/project cars, so I'm not interested in anything like that. Prefer something within reasonable towing distance from Raleigh NC area.

I was interested in Paul Wegweiser's IT car he had FS a couple of months ago, but the time and $$ was not right for me to buy it.

So, if you have something, or see something FS somewhere- please send it to me or post it up here.

Thx, Bret.

Sandborn's car too much to pay???

Hey Bob,

yeah, if that's the one he's got FS for ~$13.5k, then that's out of my range right now.

I'd like to find something in the ~$4-6k range MAX, otherwise I might have to live in the car too....

I know cars in that price range are likely to be a bit tired, but they are out there.......

Thx, Bret

Bret,

I possibly have a couple of cars that might interest you...if you ever decide to expand your budget a little.

PM me for details.

Bill Kemper

blackforestmotors@sbcglobal.net

1968 IMSA RS 2002,1970 COMMA GT2 2002
1975 Miller & Norburn IMSA RS 320, 1977 SCCA ITB 320
1979 BMWCCA D-Mod 323/2.8,1980 Gruppe 2/RT 323/3.5 turbo

Not a true race vehicle: Needs cage, updated belts, fire system: 74 2002, built 2.0(180-190 hp), ti head, 304 cam, dual 40s, stahl, 4spd, locked diff, track bilstein struts/shocks, big bars, braces, konig race seats, perfect dash. previously used as a driver school. Removed slicks to drive on the street. Great donor car for suspension and drive train. 97k original miles. See Craigslist, Orlando Florida: sale-ccafr-1829246300@craigslist.org Asking $4500.

Martin

email: remmib02@yahoo.com for more detail and pics.

74 tii, vin 2780001, Sahara, 5 spd. Built 10/17/73, delivered to BMW internal car pool, 11/14/73. Imported to US ??/??/??.

RIG,

I may be able to hook you up with an ITB (?) class

'76, full cage, race seat, 5-speed, welded diff.

Most recently raced at Summit Point, WV.

Built and piloted by Jim Short.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Contact Neal Cook to see if he still has his cool 67 1600 racecar for sale:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,342578/highlight,bmwgp32+webtv/

Brett...

call Neal..

its a rock solid car......honest car/honest guy...

and he is a great wrench as well..he knows it inside out.

tell him I sent ya....

Joel!

Contact Neal Cook to see if he still has his cool 67 1600 racecar for sale:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,342578/highlight,bmwgp32+webtv/

Brett...

call Neal..

its a rock solid car......honest car/honest guy...

nd he is a great wrench as well..he knows it inside out.

tell him I sent ya....

Joel!

• 4 weeks later...