• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HID light kit install questions...

Decided to mount some old super oscars and install one of those fancy hid kits for the headlights. The fascia is now in pieces and the headlights don't work! The wiring harness is supposed to be "plug n play." When I turn the lights on, i hear a click or almost a clunk noise, but no light! Could it be that the voltage is not stable enough or something along those lines? Any of you with experience installing one of these on an '02- PLEASE HELP! :)

'73 2002

'00 M5

plug-n-play ????

got grounding wiring from inside the lights to the body?

if you just have 'hot' wires to the lights

and think the light units will ground through

the light mounting think again.

maybe you can give us a diagram,

or photo with captians showing what you have ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I gave a very poor description, sorry! The super oscars light up, but I put an HID kit into the Hella headlight and thats what won't work. I broke out the mutimeter to find the power and ground are done properly. I'm starting to think this was a stupid project for someone as stupid as me. I'm going to abandon the car and drink left over brews from Memorial Day. Maybe tomorrow I'll work on the suspension or interior stuff that I've started and then abandon that job as well in favor of beer. Tomorrow morning I'll post pics of my mess.

'73 2002

'00 M5

Dude, don't get discouraged! We can all fall back on the healing powers of ice cold beers, but you've got a job to do!

Also, post pics when you're done, I'm looking to do something very similar in so much as H4 conversion and classic Super Oscars too.

The Kopper Kaiser

Photobucket

Dude, don't get discouraged! We can all fall back on the healing powers of ice cold beers, but you've got a job to do!

Also, post pics when you're done, I'm looking to do something very similar in so much as H4 conversion and classic Super Oscars too.

Okay, I won't give up. I usually start my projects and give up about ten times and then when I'm ready to really quit, it gets it done with ease. Something about leaving and coming back to it that works for me. I should have pictures up soon.

'73 2002

'00 M5