• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good exhaust shop in VICTORIA AUSTRALIA

joseph

yeah that takes out the general consensus on this forum.

need a good sounding muffler. (not interested in performance, engine rebuild on the way! yeeew!)

looking for a place that knows their stuff and i can have a good chin wag about what sort of setup i want.

also, should i let them 'make somehting up' for me or should i insist on a brand muffler?

thanks!!

mario party   wario party star By entermeun d4t9ndo

Hey joseph,

im in melb and actually just got some exhuast work done today on my 02, i just got a local shop to fab up a new tip/resonator combo and removed the rear muffler.. front end is the original 2" piping. Light throttle is a little deeper sound than normal but still quite soft... but over 3k rpm and with a bit more stick it has quite the bark!

I think most exhuast shops will be able to match something to your needs, engine capacity and undercarriage design is going to give them a good idea.. I may be wrong but i doubt youll find much off the shelf / branded stuff in aus for your car. But if you do they should be a simple fit!

Alex

haha what are the chances.

what did it cost you so i have an idea if they are pulling my leg.

so you have no muffler?

just a resonator?

i have read here that no muffler makes it sound pretty rough.

what sort of shape is your resonator?

i have two different resonators that i could fit to my 02.

one is a long thin hotdog type resonator.

the other is a shorter fatter type.

after i get the work done im jst going to play around with different part combos.

cheers

I have 2 1/4" pipe from Tii headers through twok res's and then a sports muffler, sounds mean and possibly too loud(I do have twin sidedrafts too). It's easy enough to get an exhaust made up the problem is the space in between the fuel tank and wheel well foul up most mufflers. If your looking into extractors I may be selling a set some time soon also.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Welcome Joseph!

Another Vic guy here and there are a few more who haven't posted in this thread yet so you're not alone. Are you on the Vic 02 Register?

My dad used Performance Exhausts in Ringwood who made up a nice system but I'd suggest using the mob Alex' used.

Post up some pics!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

hey tom

im pretty sure you know the car.

it used to be tim kitchings car. chamonix 73.

PHOTOS: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=195090&l=ed33904df0&id=775532937

could you give the web address of the registry because i need to change the details! i still have the sticker on the windshield.

got the car in feb, its my daily but i only driver her a few miles up the road to uni (long straight run up wellington road to monash uni.)

still wondering weather the car is suited to this sort of usage depite how easy the drive is.

maybe its me just being paranoid. what are your thoughts?

bingbong: would definatley consider the extractors as my engine needs a rebuild sometime in the near future (going all out!). are they custom SS ones? they would have to be right as i cant find any that dont foul the steering column,

Chances are slim to none joseph!

I deleted the muffler and the right angle bends ate the rear, deciding against the factory location due to the limited space with the tank..

In terms of pricing because i only modified from the rear axle back and added a hotdog res and chrome tip it was on $120. But it really depends on what you want done.

The sound is a little rougher now, a little more like a boxer engine. But its only in a small part of the rev range, under 2.5k is nice and quite for crusing.. over 3k is where the fun starts.

I will probly end up chopping and changing over time anyway as my tastes change.

Alex

Hi Joseph,

I do know the car - Its a very nice example and was very well taken care of by Tim. You got a good buy.

The register doesnt really have a website, its simply an email list. We TRY to get together once every few months for a drive and its good if you want to sell some 02 gear or you're in search of a part or help with the vehicle.

Shoot me off an email (email address in profile) and I'll get Doug (the godfather) to put you on.

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 4 weeks later...

went to exhaust world cruzon street north melbourne.

they did and almost perfect job.

really really happy..

great price and sound.

welded up a new system from the diff back witha side exit and a down turned tip like cjs beemer.

pis and vids soon.!

went to exhaust world cruzon street north melbourne.

they did and almost perfect job.

really really happy..

great price and sound.

welded up a new system from the diff back witha side exit and a down turned tip like cjs beemer.

pis and vids soon.!

Awsome - post'em up!

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky