• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idler Arm bushing

DUDONLY

Hello everyone and Happy Easter,

I'm in the process of replacing my center link, tie rods and the idler arm bushing. My question is.... I removed my old idler arm bushing and they are black with groves that match the inside of the idler arm and the new ones are the blue plastic ones will these work on what I have ? They seem wider

Thanks,

Dudley

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

If the motor is in the car, take a long bolt and some washers to make a press tool/alignment tool to get those bushings in.

I just did this yesterday on my friends '74 tii.

Ended up lining everything up, using a hammer along with the press tool/alignment tool and getting the bottom in. I then used the tool to draw in the top bushings

I installed BOTH the blue outer bushings and the inner one at the same time. It was much easier then trying to install the blue ones first.

You'll want to dismantle the right front control arm as well (not a problem as we were in the process of bushing replacement anyway).

Getting a wrench in there can be tough as well. I ended up holding it with an adjustable and using the idler arm itself to get leverage on the nut.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net