• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michigan Folks -- 02 Up for Auction 3/20

Smithdj

I bought that car for $400.....the guy wanted $1200....it was at his friends old abandoned house in Centerline.....I went down with my tools and stripped it to the bone.....then called VOA to "donate" the car....got a $500 tax deduction and got about $3000 worth of parts....

Hey, I was unemployed and Ethan wasn't born yet....I had to have something to do, and needed to keep the wolves away from the door.

They had to break the window to open the doors, cause I took the door handles.

Oh well, it is a basketcase and not worth money you get for scrap-metal.

Damn Mike.

I was joking. It was suppose to be in jest.

Now that's funny. Did you leave $500 in panels for the poor sucker that bids on it?

Shit. The way you operate I have to jump on everything in this state the day it gets listed before you strip the shit out of it and leave a carcass.

Hey, you guys popped my balloon. I had just bought this car at today's auction, and then I run accross your chat... Argh! Actually I'm after the engine trans and differential. Are any of you aware of major internal damage in these components? I have my fingers crossed that I didn't spend $325 on scrap (at least I can use the intake manifold which doesn't look boken). Oh, and the body has the least amount of rust I've ever seen on a midwest car! It has even less rust than my '68 2002 which was brought out from CA (where it was originally sold and driven for over three decades). I guess I'll be posting a very low rust glider on 2002FAQ is a little while.

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

Oh Oh.

Step up to the plate Mike.

I know nothing Haromich.

Nice to meet you. Sorry under these circumstances. Welcome to the FAQ. Where in Detroit are you.

I hope you got something out of the deal.

Sounds like Mike might be somewhat familiar with this car.

I'll take Mike down to V@V and you can raid his garage while we are down there and get your car back :}

Hey, it's OK since I crawled all over the carcass and determined that it had some of the gear I needed. I'm actually just a little southeast of the VOA auction yard in Bloomfield Township, but work on my bmw over in sterling heights. Giving the engine and transmission the once over is good for me anyway! I'm starting to collect extra interior parts, so the missing interior actually cleaned out a lot of clutter to examine the sheet metal. My 2002 has some soft spots in the floorboards... and of course the spare tire well. Now, if it just had some roundie tail light gaskets.... Harold

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption