• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post-5 sp conversion woes

ceylove

After about 400 miles I lost a guibo bolt on the road. After inspection, the guibo where I lost the bolt is worn down through the rubber with the metal core beginning to be exposed. I replaced the bolt, with proper lock nut AND locktite 242 blue just to be sure but I know now it did not fall out randomly. Rotating the drive shaft from under the car by hand to get at the other bolts, there is resistance at one spot, and the guibo is contacting the shift rod and hardware at the top of the tunnel. You can clearly see if you watch through one rotation, it binds. I guess the shop doing the work somehow missed this.

Any suggestions? I don't believe I can move the shifter rod and linkage up into the tunnel any more, it's "there" . Thanks

Ceylon-squarie

Sounds to me like you have a driveshaft alignment issue.. If everything is not straight, you will have a wobbly guibo. On the bright side, if you don't get it aligned properly, you will get really good at replacing guibos...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special