• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 2002 Project

MarkDavis

I finally got back into to 2002 world last April after a short disconnect from having my 70 totaled. I picked up a 1971 2002 sunroof car from a fellow FAQ member this past May. The car had been sitting about four years and for whatever reason had been painted blue in it's past life. But the good news, it was Colorado underneath. After a lot of cleaning I was able to start trying to get it running. With lots of help from my friends Woody and Gary I finally had success. After getting it on the road it was time to start upgrading and thinking about the future of this car. I installed a big brake kit from Dave at Aardvark and a rear disk set up. I was finally able to bring the car home in June. I installed a 5 speed in November and now it is time to do some body work. At the end of December Woody and I took the car back to Gary's shop the builder of Woody's car, where we soda blasted it back to its original Colorado color. It is now waiting for fender flares and body work.

The goal is to prime it and drive to the San Francisco Show and Shine May of 2010. Yikes...I better get some help.

post-17454-13667618355082_thumb.jpg

post-17454-13667618355898_thumb.jpg

post-17454-13667618356891_thumb.jpg

M,

Fantastic. Soda Blasting... a true archaeological excavation... treasure beneath. I foresee another miraculously amazing restoration - at first inspiring - then a bit depressing as I watch snow blow around on the East Coast.

Prost!,

__/ 0| \ _

'-O----O--' #73 (I'm looking for a couple of parts *here* / 4 Sale parts *here*).

• 2 weeks later...

Those wheels look lovely. As for the carbs I have the same ones. Although they are the original Solex C40's which the mikuni's are based upon. I found that the cold start valves when open come in contact with the mechanical fuel pump but other than that they have been great. Really smooth and tremendous throttle response. Good luck.

http://1968bmw2002.blogspot.com/

Daniel

'68 2002

www.1968bmw2002.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...