• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pointless babble

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

I'm excited (and relieved) to finally have my engine out on my 72tii. I have been trying over a few days (couple hours at a time) to pull my engine out and finally it came loose tonight.

initially I tried to get it out with the tranny but no matter how much I angled the engine I couldn't get it not to hit the distributor on the firewall.

I wound up taking off the alternator, water pump fan, distributor and undoing the trannie from the engine and finally I got it out. Even then, I had to swing the engine over towards the passenger side and wound up rubbing against some of the sheet metal. Sheesh... tight fit. I'm concerned about putting it back in after the body is painted... I hope it won't be as hard, otherwise I'm going to jack up the body and paint. I fail to see how you guys are able to pull it with the trannie... seemed impossible to me. I have the shop manuals and all the McCartney books and they were only marginal help.

oh well... either way it's out. Hooray! I will post pics soon as I am taking pics of everything I'm tearing down.....