• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Frigiking condensor

danjrusdug

jb,

what do you want for one of the systems? Give me a number that I can call you if you would rather do it over the phone.

Before moving to LR, I lived in Westchester just right outside of Cincinnati so I qualify for the Golden Buckeye discount, riight? : )

Doug - A TRUE Bengals fan (however hard that is most of the time)

'73 tii Atlantik - Hans

If you all don't do that deal, I should have a good condensor in my attic, I can let go for cheap, however, if it were me, I'd spend about $100 on a brand new parallel flow condensor & take the time to cut a hood support & make a couple brackets to make it fit. Best upgrade you can do to 02's AC system, IMO.

2002 owner since 1980

No, but I'll post photos of mine if you want. I think Blunt did a parallel flow on his also. Nothing special to it, other than you have to be a little creative & make new brackets to support it. I used 2 of the galvanized L shaped wood braces they sell at H depot that have holes in them for nails. I put 2 of those at the top, I forgot what I did at the bottom. Also the condensor I got needed an adaptor & o ring to revert back to the R12 type fittings I used. Any auto AC supply house sells them, it's hard to find small enough size to fit in an 02. The brace I cut, I did not cut complete off, just cut into it. The brace was near the horn on drivers side, not a hood brace, I should have said front panel brace. Purchased it from auto air of Oklahoma, since they are 2 min drive from my work. The guy looked up a bunch of em from different suppliers till we found a size I liked. Took a few days for it to come in. Some of my cars have had fans in front for condensors, some have not, so you may have to make brackets for the fan too. I kept the original Behr Fan in this one.

2002 owner since 1980

Let me dig them out tonite & I'll take pics & post them, I think I have 2 good ones, but slightly different sizes, I don't think all frigikings used the exact same condensor, just like they have 2 frigiking versions or more of the console. But a condensor is a condensor, if the size is close & the fittings are the same, it should work. Probably 20 bucks shipped.

2002 owner since 1980

After digging these out, I found the frigiking one has a busted connector, and this brings up a question, does yours have screw on fittings like the behr style on the left, or is it push on / hose clamp / barb type like the frigiking on the right ? I think I have another one somewhere that was from another frigiking, but it was black, rectangle shaped, but had screw on fittings, I just need to dig more to find it. The Behr one came off my daily driver few years ago, & I know it is OK, it was working before I upgraded everything. Fins are bent a bit on otherside, but it was not a problem.

post-1573-13667611219137_thumb.jpg

2002 owner since 1980