• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bent "tension strut"

Turb02

As per realoem the "tension strut"#11 in pic, on one side, is slightly bent? I guess.

The rod itself is an exact duplicate of the opposite side but the threaded end (entire section) is off by about 1/4-1/2 inch.

Does that make sense?

Im curious of 2 things; does it matter what side these go on, since they are exactly the same? Is it supposed to be slightly bent?

There are no stress marks anywhere that I can see so Im thinking either it, the bent one, goes on a specific side or its actually bent.

I will have pictures up after the paint dries on all the subframe components23.png

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Guest Anonymous

The "radial" arms are not side specific so yours is bent. The question is what else is bent (lower control arm or sub).

Sam

The question is what else is bent (lower control arm or sub).

Sam

Good question. Not sure how to tell if the subframe is bent or not. I will look at the CA's right now and report back, with hopefully a intelligent post.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Seeing that the control arms are a little beat up and in a few spots, worse than others, im just gonna replace them from bavauto since I already have replacement ball joints there is no need to go thru IE.

The subframe "looks" to be unmolested everywhere so im assuming its the control arm.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold