• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 custom Schwarz 2002 / in VA . . .Price Reduced

Wolke9

Hello,

I thought I would give dibs to my 1976 2002 to those of you here that have owned them and know quite a bit about them. I am asking $17,000 obo for it based on the work that has been done to it and its condition. This car will not dissapoint!

Anybody that would like to make an offer, please contact me via eMail at tkoehle@cox.net and I will get in touch with you.

I absolutely adore this car and think it's one of the nicest looking 02's out there out there (of course I'm partial) and want someone to own it that will appreciate it like I do. Purists may not like it, but I think everything that has been done to it is tasteful and in keeping with the BMW heritage. I thought that those of you here would be the best to offer it to first. If I don't end up selling it here, I will move it over to eBay and probably the BMWCCA forums. Thanks for looking and please ask if you have any questions.

1976 BMW 2002

VIN 2741945

Here for sale is a unique, one-off custom Schwarz Black BMW 2002 that will turn heads wherever you go. It runs as good as it looks and no expense has been spared on its restoration. I am believed to be the fourth owner and have had the car for just over a year. The economy and lack of use forces me to sell. The primary owner had the car for 20+ years and has done the majority of the work to it that you see. This is one amazing and “bad” BMW that will put a smile on your face whenever you drive it. . . I know it does for me. It’s one of those cars that you can show or take to the track or autocross as it seems to be set up for both. I’ve never tracked the car as it was in just too good of shape to be rubbing paint on a road course. It has been garage-kept and enjoyed only on the weekends.

The sale also includes 4 silver 15” Panasport rims w/ tires and a box of various parts for the car.

I have put about $3k parts and labor into the car myself and the previous owner had put about $20k into it. I am a BMWCCA member and have spent no expense to keep this car running and driving as when I got it. The entire car has been gone through and has had the following repaired or replaced recently within the past year:

New Bosch Starter

New BMW 2002 Tii fuel pump

New 360mm cooling fan

New clutch slave cylinder

New battery cut-off switch in trunk

New Ignition wires

New Distributor cap, ignition points, and condenser

New Hood prop bar

New backup light switch

Rebuilt speedometer by North Hollywood Speedometer

Weber DCOE 45’s have been tuned, jets cleaned.

Cracked motor mount bracket next to steering box was professionally welded and reinforced

The vehicle handles great. It corners flat and offers limited body-roll but the ride is not punishing. It can easily be driven long distances if you so choose. It is set up with H&R springs, Bilstein shocks, camber plates, Racing Dynamics sway bar and neoprene bushings, 16” TSW Kyalami wheels w/ Nitto NeoGen tires that have about 80% tread left.

The power plant has been massaged from the base E10 2.0L motor with a 292 Schrick camshaft, dual Weber DCOE 45 carbs with a Canon manifold, an E30 M3 oil filter housing with thermostat, Earls engine oil cooler with Aeroquip lines, an OEM 2002Tii header and HOR exhaust. It runs strong and smooth with more than ample power for the approximately 2200lbs this car weighs. Fluids have been replaced every 2000 miles or as needed with Red-Line or AmSoil products.

Brakes have been upgraded with rebuilt 1982 Volvo girling calipers, OEM BMW 320i vented brake rotors, stainless brake lines, and Metal Master/Axxis pads. This car stops on a dime and offers excellent brake pedal feel.

Custom interior includes new loop pile floor rugs, custom vinyl door panels, Two Recaro SE seats in cloth, Simpson 4-point harnesses for driver and passenger, Custom aluminum throttle, brake and dead-pedal, Momo leather-wrapped steering wheel, aluminum trim throughout w/ “2002” embossed on center stack and door kick plates.

This is by no means a complete list of everything that has been done to the vehicle. If you have any questions, please ask! The previous owner has given me a “bible” of everything that has been done to the car and the new owner will also receive that. I have the car For Sale locally and reserve the right to cancel this ad if need be. I am willing to assist with the buyer’s shipper if you are having it shipped and require a $1000 deposit and full payment before the car can be picked-up or shipped.

BMW2002Sale029.jpg

BMW2002Sale033.jpg

BMW2002Sale037.jpg

BMW2002Sale017.jpg

BMW2002Sale051.jpg

BMW2002Sale044.jpg

BMW2002Sale057.jpg

additional photos can be seen here:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/2spar/

Speeding doesn't kill. . suddenly stopping does!

Hello,

I thought I would give dibs to my 1976 2002 to those of you here that have owned them and know quite a bit about them. I am asking $17,000 obo for it based on the work that has been done to it and its condition. This car will not dissapoint!

Anybody that would like to make an offer, please contact me via eMail at tkoehle@cox.net and I will get in touch with you.

I absolutely adore this car and think it's one of the nicest looking 02's out there out there (of course I'm partial) and want someone to own it that will appreciate it like I do. Purists may not like it, but I think everything that has been done to it is tasteful and in keeping with the BMW heritage. I thought that those of you here would be the best to offer it to first. If I don't end up selling it here, I will move it over to eBay and probably the BMWCCA forums. Thanks for looking and please ask if you have any questions.

1976 BMW 2002

VIN 2741945

Here for sale is a unique, one-off custom Schwarz Black BMW 2002 that will turn heads wherever you go. It runs as good as it looks and no expense has been spared on its restoration. I am believed to be the fourth owner and have had the car for just over a year. The economy and lack of use forces me to sell. The primary owner had the car for 20+ years and has done the majority of the work to it that you see. This is one amazing and “bad” BMW that will put a smile on your face whenever you drive it. . . I know it does for me. It’s one of those cars that you can show or take to the track or autocross as it seems to be set up for both. I’ve never tracked the car as it was in just too good of shape to be rubbing paint on a road course. It has been garage-kept and enjoyed only on the weekends.

The sale also includes 4 silver 15” Panasport rims w/ tires and a box of various parts for the car.

I have put about $3k parts and labor into the car myself and the previous owner had put about $20k into it. I am a BMWCCA member and have spent no expense to keep this car running and driving as when I got it. The entire car has been gone through and has had the following repaired or replaced recently within the past year:

New Bosch Starter

New BMW 2002 Tii fuel pump

New 360mm cooling fan

New clutch slave cylinder

New battery cut-off switch in trunk

New Ignition wires

New Distributor cap, ignition points, and condenser

New Hood prop bar

New backup light switch

Rebuilt speedometer by North Hollywood Speedometer

Weber DCOE 45’s have been tuned, jets cleaned.

Cracked motor mount bracket next to steering box was professionally welded and reinforced

The vehicle handles great. It corners flat and offers limited body-roll but the ride is not punishing. It can easily be driven long distances if you so choose. It is set up with H&R springs, Bilstein shocks, camber plates, Racing Dynamics sway bar and neoprene bushings, 16” TSW Kyalami wheels w/ Nitto NeoGen tires that have about 80% tread left.

The power plant has been massaged from the base E10 2.0L motor with a 292 Schrick camshaft, dual Weber DCOE 45 carbs with a Canon manifold, an E30 M3 oil filter housing with thermostat, Earls engine oil cooler with Aeroquip lines, an OEM 2002Tii header and HOR exhaust. It runs strong and smooth with more than ample power for the approximately 2200lbs this car weighs. Fluids have been replaced every 2000 miles or as needed with Red-Line or AmSoil products.

Brakes have been upgraded with rebuilt 1982 Volvo girling calipers, OEM BMW 320i vented brake rotors, stainless brake lines, and Metal Master/Axxis pads. This car stops on a dime and offers excellent brake pedal feel.

Custom interior includes new loop pile floor rugs, custom vinyl door panels, Two Recaro SE seats in cloth, Simpson 4-point harnesses for driver and passenger, Custom aluminum throttle, brake and dead-pedal, Momo leather-wrapped steering wheel, aluminum trim throughout w/ “2002” embossed on center stack and door kick plates.

This is by no means a complete list of everything that has been done to the vehicle. If you have any questions, please ask! The previous owner has given me a “bible” of everything that has been done to the car and the new owner will also receive that. I have the car For Sale locally and reserve the right to cancel this ad if need be. I am willing to assist with the buyer’s shipper if you are having it shipped and require a $1000 deposit and full payment before the car can be picked-up or shipped.

BMW2002Sale029.jpg

BMW2002Sale033.jpg

BMW2002Sale037.jpg

BMW2002Sale017.jpg

BMW2002Sale051.jpg

BMW2002Sale044.jpg

BMW2002Sale057.jpg

additional photos can be seen here:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/2spar/

Get rid of the "Fast & Furious" interior trim, the '70's Vega/Gremlin paint scheme on the hood, put the Panasports back on it and you might have something there.

Nuova Strada

www.nuovastrada.com

I saw this car at the Tidewater chapter OBX drive last December (I had the silver S14 75) and it is quite impressive. Sounded great. Sounds like you got the 45's dialed in. Good luck with the sale. If you want to sell the Panasports separately, let me know.

I remember seeing you there. Unfortunately, I forgot your name. I can't find your eMail on here so if you want to eMail me thats fine. . .and from what I remember, you had a badder 02 than I do. My eMail is in the listing. . .I'd be happy to send you some pics of the wheels if u want and will consider selling them seperately.

Let me know

...and for the guy that doesn't like the car or "Vega" stripes. . .thats fine. . .everybody's entitled to their opinion. I like it and thats why I bought it. There is a buyer for every car out there. . .

Speeding doesn't kill. . suddenly stopping does!

• 2 weeks later...