• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weight calculations for the 02 - Math gurus please help...

canadapierre

If I were to weld up a wheeled frame to bolt onto a 2002 body with no engine, tranny, front and rear sub-frame, would 450# rated wheels at each corner do the trick?

I'd guess the weight to be maybe 1600 to 1800#.

Or do I need say 1600# rated wheels at each corner?

I've seen pictures of fellow enthusiasts here do the same thing. The wheeled frame bolts onto the sub-frame points on the body. Is it easy to move the body around then?

Thanks,

pierre

More power!

Pierre, I would guess the mass of an 02 tub to be about 800lbs, so if you pretend its 1000lbs, you could use the 250lb wheel, one at each corner, so the 450lb wheel would be real good.

The wheels are actually engineered to about 3 times the rating, as in all engineered products.

k

Guest Anonymous

I suggest getting larger diameter caster wheels (5 or 6 inch), as they roll much better when going over bumps (such as when putting the shell on a trailer). I built a dolly with small wheels, then replaced them with bigger ones when moving it around became a pain.

--Fred