• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wrong manifold?

boldtu

so I am in the process of installing the 38/38 weber carb and manifold that I got from Ireland Engineering. I have the old stuff off, and I am in the process of new manifold bolting. The bottom nuts that connect the manifold to the head are too close to the outer wall of the manifold. I am using 12 mm nuts as per the redline installation guide but my socket wont fit, and the nut wont fit once you get it down to it's seated position. Did they give me the wrong manifold?

thanks

Chester

Guest Anonymous
so I am in the process of installing the 38/38 weber carb and manifold that I got from Ireland Engineering. I have the old stuff off, and I am in the process of new manifold bolting. The bottom nuts that connect the manifold to the head are too close to the outer wall of the manifold. I am using 12 mm nuts as per the redline installation guide but my socket wont fit, and the nut wont fit once you get it down to it's seated position. Did they give me the wrong manifold? thanks Chester

Chester, your description of the manifold is not particularly clear. It would be helpful to all if you could post a picture, but the next best thing might be to identify the maker of the manifold.

I am guessing that you have either the Cannon manifold or the stock 2bbl manifold. I am also guessing that you are having difficulty threading the retaining nuts on the studs (prethreaded) on the head. If that is the case, one of the easy ways to accomplish this is to work on those nuts are particularly difficult to manipulate FIRST. Loosen or remove all of the easy to get to nuts and fit the manifold so that the bottom threads barely protrude beyond the "outer wall" of the manifold. Once you get the difficult nuts threaded, everything will fall into place.

Good luck, but you really don't need it for this job.