• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tyler Sedig Update 12/4/08

punchesdfw

Another update from the family;

Tyler had another good night. He continues to be responsive by moving around and nodding his head occasionally when he is not so heavily sedated and the nurses ask him questions. We know he is hearing us because his heart rate goes up and he wants to move around even more. We've talked about all the people calling and the notes and blood donors and all the prayers we are getting for him. We talk about hunting and sports and all his favorite activities. He is still very sedated and not opening his eyes yet but that will come as they are able to back off more of the morphine but right now the nurses are just making sure he is comfortable.

His lungs are starting to show signs of clearing and they have stopped the heparin. The Dr. wants to keep him on the lung machine at least 1 more day then they will re-evaluate and see about getting him on a regular vent. This machine he is on gives him 350 tiny breaths and 8 big breaths per minute to help break up any irritants. What they are now suctioning out is clear and tinged with a tiny bit of blood and that is how they know they are now getting down to healthy tissue. Today they are going to give him prune juice, mineral oil and other stool softeners to get him to have a bowel movement. With the morphine and other pain medicine it tends to cause constipation and they want to keep all systems working.

For Tammy and others asking about donating blood in the Midland area, the Midland ISD is planning a blood drive. You can call the MISD central office at (432) 689-1000. Also, you can go to any Carter Blood Bank and give them the sponsor number SPON047291 for Columbia Packing and that will give Tyler credit for your donation. If you already have a sponsor number that too can be credited to Tyler, just call Beverly Johnson at Carter (817) 412-5125 and she will see to it. If you do not have a Carter Blood bank in your area, donating is still good, the banks get low during the holidays and depending on the organization, they may can still pull some strings and get credits over to Tyler. Just ask them about it. In any case, you will be benefiting someone who really needs it just like Tyler.

For the funeral this weekend for Tanner, the La Quinta will have a meeting room available for the friends and family staying there and food will be provided in that room for the whole weekend. Again that number is (432) 694-1200 if you need a room, just let them know you are there for the Seedig/Hostas family

Thank you so much for all your prayers and all you have done for the family and Tyler and Tanner

e46-330ci, e46-325ci Vert., e36-328is, e30-325is, M20-2002, K110, K75, '71 Jeepster Commando

It is wonderful that Tyler is doing better, but can I ask you to either start a blog and put the link in your sig, or just put updates in the OT forum? I hate to ask this but really this doesnt have anything to do with 02s, or even a forum member (directly anyway). I for one would very much like to be kept updated on things, but its just not appropriate for the main forum. Technically i shoulda moved the first few posts but in light of the situation I thought itd be better not to. Im not trying to be a dick, but in fairness to others whose OT-ish posts i've (or steve or _z_ have) moved I think its best to keep the main page 02s-only... :) Thanks, and DO keep us updated (somehow!) :) If you want I could even do another install of wordpress on my jenna server in another directory, and you could just use that! lotsa good vibes on that server... ;)

Sure Rob, No problem. In fact, here's Tyler's website for those who are interested. You'll need to register, but it only takes a second and doesn't cost anything.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/tylerseedig

[/url]

ahh, put that in your sig (or make a sig with that in it). btw did you get my email? anybody who emails me through the board, goes right into my junkmail folder, which means i check it frequently but used to miss a lot of stuff...