• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

outer door trim clips... revisited

robsanab

someone must have gone through this. It's difficult to explain, but here goes... I posted this question a while back and therefore bought what I thought was the correct clip/clamps...

here's the original question which may help: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,312147/highlight,/

I get them and they are not the same style clip... they are the same as these shown all the attached pictures. They show, not the outer door trim, but the interior door panel trim and how the felt strip rides in that third U shaped clamp piece. BUT what I need is the OUTER door trim clip. I ordered what everyone, forum and suppliers, were telling me was the correct clip.

So, here is what I'm guessing is going on... is this one of those items that BMW discontinued because another similar item works? Here's the next piece of this puzzle... those that have kept up on this saga also may know that i was asking about the u-shaped felt channel for the outer door trim that is unavailable....

here's that question that shows the realOEM picture: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,311747/highlight,/

I don't know if this is the intention but I THINK that the same piece of felt (not u shaped) used for the interior can also be used on the exterior trim too... but since it is straight and not u-shaped it now needs this interior clip to hold it.

Can anyone confirm this... it looks like I can make it fit, BUT the felt may protrude too far... too tight against the window??? It's difficult when the car isn't in my garage and I can't easily test fit for various reasons... I just need to get the body guy the correct parts or come up for a way for this to work.

post-1151-1366759705941_thumb.jpg

post-1151-13667597061202_thumb.jpg

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)