• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clock repair

Guest Anonymous

Don't go to someone you even THINK might be shady... he recalibrated my speedo but then I dropped my clock off to have it repaired and the guy disappeared. I was pretty angry. Does Hollywood Speedo do them?

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant

My 74 clock gave up last winter and I was able to fix it myself. I took the guts out of a vdo marine clock that I bought on Ebay (look in the "buy it now" section, there's always one there for $49.00). It takes some patience and some soldering skills and some finageling but it works. And you'll have a clock that keeps perfect time.

The bmw face and hands fit the new movement without modification. You will need to drill a hole or two in the tii clocks case for a mounting hole and the wiring. The marine clock uses a couple of pins through the plastic case for a weather tight assembly - but the power inputs on the movement are easy to identify and large enough to easily solder power wires to.

Follow the instructions in the FAQ section for disassembly and reassembly of the bezel from the case.

It's a good evening or two's project.