• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1976 BMW 2002.... "That I picked up for $200 Buck.&q

KenGilroy

I had been watching this car on Ebay for quite some time when it was being auctioned off. Even mailed the guy a couple times asking a few questions about it and as luck would have it, the car was just over the hill from where I live. Aptos, CA.

Sadly, I had missed out and some else had moved-in quickly to stake their clame. When I tuned back into Ebay to see how the car was doing, the auction had ended and only at $230-some dollars.

Whelp.. a couple days later, the guys emails me to tell me that the winning bidder had backed out. It turns out, the winning bidder thought the car was drivable even though the auction description said that it wasn't.

Long story short, the seller offered me the car for $200.00 and my wife being the angel she is, agreed to let me buy the car to fix it up into a drivable state and then sell it. THAT was my original intentions. BUT.. now after getting the car actually going and driving it a bit.. she's become somewhat fond of it.. and now I'm leaning towards fixing it up for her as nice little putt putt around town car.

Anyway, what I've posted below are the picture the seller sent to me when I was asking about it. After this here initial posting, I'll start posting the little-by-little restoration pics of her as I go along. Feel free to join in and comment or question if ya' like.

- Ken

post-15656-13667596545386_thumb.jpg