• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help TII Gurus Exhaust Manifold

Jane

Hello!

I have a 73tii. I am looking for a stock and correct exhaust manifold/down pipe.

I have sourced locally two "tii" exhaust manifolds but they

certainly do not look like pictures that I found on www.my2002tii.com

as they lack the "fattyness" look of the tii manifold shown on this site.

The first one looked more like the standard manifold with the webbing

between pipes, it also lacked the emissions plugs (per tii spec?).

The second one looked like the standard manifold but lacked the webbing

between pipes and it too lacked the emissions plugs.

Both looked more like a "normal" exhaust manifold except that they did

not have the air injectors(?) going into each and the "fattyness".

Also noted that MAX lists one too, but is that really correct?

In advance thanks everyone!

Cheers

Jane

Jane Loveshack 008 73tii s/r 5spd suspension techniques spring, kybs

Guest Anonymous
There are no emissions plugs on the tii manifold.

My old Euro-Spec 72 non tii was purchased from the original owner many years ago with extremely low mileage. The original purchaser claimed he never changed any parts other than the speedometer (Metric to English). The exhaust manifold DID NOT have any port for the EGR, although there is a slight boss where one could tap a fitting.

When I had the head off, I compared the manifold to my tii's manifold and discovered the non tii manifold had slightly smaller (by about 5 mm) inside diameter runners. Neither manifold had the webbing seen on other tii manifolds.

I seriously doubt that there is much of a performance gain given the striking similarities between my two manifolds (unless you are really running the engine near its limits). In fact, the slightly smaller porting might even benefit lower speed operation.

My observations are not the most scientific since, at the time of comparison, I attributed the slight deviation in size as casting variations. That being said, I have seen at least one manifold with the EGR fitting that was every bit as large as my tii manifold - if not bigger.

Bottom line: I would not fret about using a manifold without the EGR tap. If it fits and does not leak, you will not notice any difference, unless you are apt to try and out run Ferraris!