• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Race Springs

The cars suspension works as a whole unit, changing one item often has a net change on other items. An objective reply can not be had without considering rear shock, front springs and shocks, wheel/tire package as well as overall weight. Also, what is the intended use? Dedicated track car generally can tolerate much stiffer suspension settings than a daily driver.

With all of that said, I do not have those springs and would not consider them without match front springs in the 400 range and shocks/struts to control the springs. If you have the total package, should be great (generally speaking) if not a little stiff for the street.

Hope this helps

Never too late to have a happy childhood

Up front I will be running shortened Tii struts with ground control coilover kit with 8" 375# springs, Bilstein sport inserts, adjustable camber plate and offset roll spacer. I'm running a 6.5" wheel with 32mm offset and 195/50/15 tires.

I want to get feed back as to how a 350# rear race spring (not coilover) would complement to front suspension.

This will primarily be a street car and not a daily driver. The streets where I live are smooth. I just hope I am not running too stiff of springs.

What you have described is pretty much our Autocross setup, except I have a little more front bar. The car does not lean to any noticeable degree, but does ride pretty low. Might be a bit much on the street if only because of low ride height, but of course a taller tire/wheel combination could help out here.

post-290-13667595901595_thumb.jpg

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

i have the 300# springs on the rear and 450# on the front but i have a s14 motor about 80#s heavier than a M10 the car sits about 2" lower and rides very hard . and my front struts are shortend 2" also .it bottoms out on some speed bumps and my front spoiler has hit a few things but the car handles great

post-1291-13667595906249_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667595907426_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667595944734_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667595946826_thumb.jpg

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM