• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Season Finale at Road Atlanta

M&N2002

We finally worked most of the kinks out of my car at VIR at the Fall Festival in September. It sure felt good getting back onto the track after such a long absence! Nick Craw says he enjoyed his time at VIR at the Trans-AM Reunion party hosted by Apex Vintage (Bob Breed's group) on Thursday night and wants a rain check for next year since we didn't have the car ready for Friday's qualifying race.

SVRA's season finale in Atlanta will be a big weekend for "old #64" as Nick calls it; it will be the first time it has arrived ready to race and do battle in over a year and a half.

Bob, if your out there, thank you for your helping hand over the past few years. Thanks also to Perry Genova, without him, we wouldn't have found a windshield for the race @ VIR. I just wish I had a picture of us putting the windshield in at the track!

I hope to have pictures to share after Road Atlanta. If you have a chance to be there, be sure to stop by.

Mark Lemmon

It's been a few years.................

I hope you still have some(if not all) of the 'trick sh*t' that was built into the car. Hope you made it as 'bullet proof' as Back in the Day and drive it up at the front of the pack as Nick always did.

Glad to see it back on the rack track where it belongs.

mac.

• 3 weeks later...

The car is finally presentable and somewhat sorted. After we got back from VIR, I spent time tending to details we just didn’t have time for prior to VIR.

Atlanta was a blast, the car handled like a dream! We ran well during the Enduro having the second best time in our group. Our mandatory 5-minute pit stop got a bit interesting when the trunk decided to lock itself resulting in a 12.5-minute stop! Too bad, with the lap times we were running, we felt for sure we would be finishing 2nd in class.

Sunday’s race went equally as well when the only part we hadn’t replaced/rebuild on the car gave up the ghost – the tranny. So - - we have a great start on next year with a few winter projects to complete!

post-15620-13667596710207_thumb.jpg

Session results of 'Motor Check Enduro 2' (Road Atlanta Season Finale).pdf

Guest Anonymous

We've run both the 5 speed and the 4 speed in the car over the years. Right now we only use 4.

I saw where you bought Yale's old car! I'll have to go back and re-read the article. Ever think about going vintage racing? We plan to make Watkins Glenn this year and love to have you stop by. I've been in touch with Nick Craw for the past 8 months and we plan to have him drive #64 at one of the events in 2009.