• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1975 2002 project...

02fireman

Bought it back in March and this is about where I am right now.

The engine was pretty whole just needed to be cleaned up and a few other things (carb, starter, belt, alternator) but all in all runs strong. the body just had mostly surface rust. I only had to replace one fender. Brakes had to go as they were rusted away ( and almost locked up) and made the nastiest smell on the way home from the sellers house. New wheels and a new interior are next.... Any suggestions for ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated since this is my first strip down and rebuild mostly in my garage..

http://picasaweb.google.com/bombero1394/2002?authkey=3Ocw2RRD5uk#

I like the trim delete...I am going the same with mine. Am struggling with wheels too, but stayed with my stock interior...it was in great condition, except for a carpet replace...came out nice.

Is that a 2-stage paint? Looks like it came out nice and flat...what's your secret? I have sprayed 2 cars and each orange-peeled...lots of wet sanding and buffing to correct. [/url]

-1973 BMW 2002 Malaga 34,000 miles...finished!

-1965 Pontiac GTO 389 4-speed

-1964 Pontiac Lemans Convertible 326 Auto

I like the trim delete...I am going the same with mine. Am struggling with wheels too, but stayed with my stock interior...it was in great condition, except for a carpet replace...came out nice.

Is that a 2-stage paint? Looks like it came out nice and flat...what's your secret? I have sprayed 2 cars and each orange-peeled...lots of wet sanding and buffing to correct. [/url]

Actually my secret is that I had a proffesional due the paint. Thats the only thing I didn't dare to do, and I'm glad I did it that way. The rest I'm doing myself. As far as the trim delete, it had to be done. That stuff trapped to much crap to bring rust. Most of the chrome trim that I am keeping, I'm painting with black spray can "trim" paint. Hopefully it holds up. The wheels are gonna be Rota RB 15". Can't wait to put those on.