• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter options for my 76 M10.

Todd21

I'm working on my 76 project car and need to have the starter rebuilt. I can have the current starter rebuilt locally, but I'm interested in what you think about the conversion to the M3 starter.

Looking for your opionions on keeping the standard configuration or converting to the M3 SR71X....

Thanks

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

So I pulled the existing starter and had it rebuilt. Cost me $45 USD to have it rebuilt locally. The guy had it ready the same afternoon I dropped it off for repair. re-installed and it works great.

Since I'm not looking to build a lightweight racer, I don't need to lose the weight the M3 starter would save me.

Thanks for your input......

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

So I pulled the existing starter and had it rebuilt. Cost me $45 USD to have it rebuilt locally. The guy had it ready the same afternoon I dropped it off for repair. re-installed and it works great.

Since I'm not looking to build a lightweight racer, I don't need to lose the weight the M3 starter would save me.

Thanks for your input......

Todd

I dont think the key advantage of the M3 starter is weight loss, which would probably be minimal at best. Where the advantage lies is the power in which it generates to turn the engine over better (the winter is where it is key in my opinion). A rebuild is a good way to go I am sure as well. I, however, never fell prey to rebuilds, i prefer to just buy new and know what I am getting! :o) Good luck, and happy motoring.

Regards,

Chris