• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about ebay header

Goodnight85

Apart from being shiny what's the benefit over a stock manifold? Looks like a straight copy of stock really, and if the diameter is larger and then connects to the stock down pipe it'll probably reduce flow rather than improve it. I guess if it is larger and you mate it to a larger bore exhaust and you have the engine to match then there might be a small gain, but the new equal length shorty headers from Ireland look like a lot better bet.

Nice looking piece, but not convinced this is going to do anything other than make you feel good looking at it, although there's nothing wrong with that in itself.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

1) my '76 was provided with california emissions garbage, had a header that was about 50 lb.s, encased in rust and had the gas re-burn injector looking things in it. So when you take the old header off, you see these things protruding into each exhaust port, fairly large, and restricting. Then it had the huge inlet on the front of it, that fed from the emission pump. (It was dark ages looking.)

So this allows for much better flow compared to the stock unit, and also much lighter. The down-pipe is also lighter than the rusted junk I took off.

2) If you want to compare it to an original Tii header, which is not readily available and probably the same cost if it was, I think you may find this is made of larger tubes feeding to the two down-pipes. I also think it may not release as much heat as the cast iron boat anchor.

3) It looks gorgeous, and stays clean, unlike what came off it.

So this is a no-brainer for me, who tore the entire engine bay out & started from scratch.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 2 years later...

Dunno about this one, but I've been drooling over this one:

http://www.02again.com/?page_id=260

And I think I've got my wife convinced that I should get it... "the engine won't smoke as much!!" (small crack in my current header)

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg