• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What I learned at the Monterey Historics this year

scestes

So I met one of my cars previous owners while at the Historics this year. He pointed out several things that he had done to the car (all of them good) and I asked him about a question that had been nagging at me. Shad has the poster shown below and one night while standing in his bathroom taking a leak (sorry if that's too much info, but deal with it) I was admiring this poster. Looking at each car, going over the rims that were on them, the fog light placement, paint jobs, how many repeats were in the array of photos. I noticed that the Golf Yellow car that was on the far left, right under the black banner looked a lot like my car. I started looking at things like the grill, the bmwcca emblem in the grill, the holes that were drilled for what used to be a front air dam. So many incredible similarities. The most striking thing was the front bumper. So unique to my car. There were also several things that looked different though. The black mirrors, the euro turn signals.

I remembered to ask this fellow (and if you're still on the forums, chime in please) about this, and he said he did indeed send in a photo, but hadn't realized it was included in a poster. The mirrors had been powder coated and the car did have euro turn signals on it when he sold it. The have apparently been removed in favor of a more stock look (personally I like the Euros and wish they were still on the car). The black powder coated mirrors have also been replaced with original chrome pieces.

When I got the car, it has Hella 500's on the front. I put on some little PIAA things that ended up getting me a rash of scoldings from my BMW purist friends, so I put new 500's back on it(the old ones were cracked pretty badly.) So excuse the PIAA lights in my photo, but if you have a copy of the poster, please post a shot of the car I've circled.

The poster. (My car circled in red under "Celebrating....")

BMW2002FACTORYHISTORYPOSTER.jpg

My car(sorry it's not a head on shot like the poster)

PICT0028.sized.jpg

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com