• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend woes...

jonjank

So, I pieced together all the parts for the girling/e21 front and rear brake upgrade after multiple craigslist and junkyard buys, finished the job after a few hours of fun, and the passenger wheel wouldn't fit.... a few scratches of the head later, I got out the tape measure(the only device I had handy and less than ideal for precision jobs..) and found the strut tube/spindle's did not match from passenger to driver's sides.. with the new rotors tightened down I measured from the top of the rotor to the strut tube.. the passenger side was tucked "in" an 8th! at the top of the strut, using a square, the difference was obviously more pronounced...

Now I could not use the 195/60/r14 bottlecaps I got...(the rubber was ressed against the strut tube) but only on the passenger side. I'll have to swap the turbines back on, but only after I slot the calipers at work(they wouldn't clear the rims)

I knew that the car had, in the past, been in a collision on this side. The fender maybe the nose and the strut insert had been replaced... So, I'm not suprised but hey I love driving this car and have invested every spare dollar getting it up to standard. which in my opinion and for my needs currently includes H&R's, Bilstien Sports, urethane bits, sways, etc etc...

So, any of you racers in Seattle area got an old strut tube assembly for a 73 non tii.??? oh yeah i need a couple of lower control arms for the front too......

Thanks for reading, I appreciate this resource as it has been invaluable. And partly responsible for getting me back into an 02 after 8 years.

post-8624-13667594688816_thumb.jpg

post-8624-13667594697785_thumb.jpg

Center Exit.