• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Performance mods!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

WHat kind of performance mods can I do that smoggers won't notice. I have a 76 02 subject to San Francisco smog laws but I want to add some performance upgrades that a visual smog check won't notice. Does an electric fan make any difference? MSD box or Crane will they fault me for those? What if I move the battery I realize some of this doesn't seem like it would make a diffrence but I've already faught these assholes for some crazy things. He wouldn't pass me unless I put a mark on the pully at top dead center.

Fan delete and the Crane ignition system would yeild some improvements without increasing exhaust emissions. A proper tune after the ignition systen is installed would be helpful as well.

You may also look into a smog legal 32/36 Weber.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Guest Anonymous

The MSD ignition is a good item. You can fire off a leaner mixture with it and that helps the dreaded "lean miss" that bombs you on HIGH HC's for your smog test. It also has the seal of approval from the California air quality board. A pertronix is also a good item as your timing won't drift as the points wear with the setup. By the way the timing will also remain set where you put it after you "verify" your timing after the test.

Question is how long will the MAN allow H2O to be emitted from our engines?