• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thermostat and gas cap question?

I go to do a drive tomoroow and I hear its gonna be hot. My car don't do too goo temperature wise on the highway on hot days (Not sure if its the thermo or bad radiator cap)

Will places like Lordco or a BMW dealer still carry thermostats and radiator caps?

bmw2002.ca - Want a powered by Gmail you@bmw2002.ca e-mail? Contact me for a free account.

iRoxy.ca Canadian small business web hosting services

Guest Anonymous
I go to do a drive tomoroow and I hear its gonna be hot. My car don't do too goo temperature wise on the highway on hot days (Not sure if its the thermo or bad radiator cap)

Will places like Lordco or a BMW dealer still carry thermostats and radiator caps?

Call ahead with the part number. Its asking a lot to expect a reliable answer as to what retailers keep on the shelf. I have no idea what someone keeps in their inventory.

Radiator caps are standard fare and would expect most retail shops carry those. The thermostat is specific to the M10 engine. You should be aware of that if you have been doing any of your own work on the engine. I would expect most dealerships to keep a couple in stock, but I have no personal knowledge of what any dealership carries. There are at least 3 different temperature ratings too. If you are having cooling issues, I would probably go for the 71 C version (for summer). I would not be surprised to learn that the dealer keeps only one temperature rating 75 or 81.