• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Turb02

Turb02

down and dirty: converting to EFI using the 318 intake, SDS for the EMS HX35 for the turbo (shooting for close to 300 whp)!! The head is in the shop and who knows when it will be back. Its getting a complete rebuild down to the guides with +1 intake and exhaust SS valves, 292 cam, race prepped rockers, etc. the block will be rebuilt and have forged flat tops @91mm balbanced and fluxed crank. I have pics of the engine bay but we have all seen an empty engine bay before. It will get a color change but I have not decided on the color yet. Custom flares will be built for it, poly bushings everywhere, BBK on front and disc conversion in the rear. it will have a cage but Im not sure the extent...nothing like Pedro's thats for sure (mainly because Im not nearly as skilled as he is with metal work and welding)

(This is copied over from my bf.c post)

well I got some time in the garage today since my head is still at the shop and im not sure when it will be done. I figured that it wont cost me anything to start taking out the interior...so I started.

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

After I took all the interior out, I noticed an issue that I didnt think was as big as it is (I knew it was there but didnt think it was this bad):

DSC00539.jpg

Then on the rear passanger side of the "framerail" portion that supports the 1/4 panel has a bit of an issue, right next to the gas tank:

DSC00556.jpg

The good news is the rear towers are in great shape:

DSC00553.jpg

So..I have a lot of work ahead of me but no time to get it done. HOPEFULLY the head will come back soon so I can send the block down to the shop.

Either way, this is gonna be a long project for me because I have a very full plate with school and my son being 1, and remodeling my house, and...

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Yes Yes YES!!!! NOW thats a sick project !!! Keep us posted on how it turns out thats just sweet! dont let the body work and rust eat at your brain i have a 76 im restoring and its got plenty of cancer! All I CAN SAY IS AWESOME.

1975 (O=00=O) 2002 Gold

Yes Yes YES!!!! NOW thats a sick project !!! Keep us posted on how it turns out thats just sweet! dont let the body work and rust eat at your brain i have a 76 im restoring and its got plenty of cancer! All I CAN SAY IS AWESOME.

Im not to worried about the metal work...well I should say that it wont scare me away but it might slow things down a bit. I dont have a lot of time to get as deep into the project as I would want to so I am taking it bit by bit.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

• 7 months later...

91mm crank? What engine did that come out of?

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

try reading that again, forged flat tops (pistons) @91mm. Not much has changed since my last update other than dropping the front subframe and suspension, removing everything from engine bay so it can be cleaned and repainted.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold