• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HP gains?

lngbrd

What are, if any, the "bolt on" HP gains available for my 02? I am currently running a stock cam, 38/38 carb, with a new head and pistons. Would it help to upgrade the header and exhaust system? If so to what? Thanks in advance.

Lost in Austin, TX

SD

Yup. Those are horse power gains. Ansa is a common source, supersprint is more pricey but has a quiter sound with the gain in power. Also Ireland Engineering makes a good kit.

Another bolt on gain is an LSD from a 320i, though this is not straight plug and play as the LSD needs modifying.

Using the good ole search function will explain more.

Not a big fan or believer in performance exhausts on BMWs, except on heavily modified motors. HATED the header I had, and got tired of the noise/failure rate of the Ansa stuff.

Anyone have actual dyno sheets for the follwing configurations before and after the installation of freeflow exhausts, showing improvement? (your own - not manufacturer's) I'd love to see them. In fact - I'd LOVE an excuse to make my car faster - I just don't think an exhaust will do it! :-)

stock w. 32/36?

stock w. 38/38?

stock w. DCOES?

stock w. various cams?

stroker/cam/DCOEs?

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Any problems with clearance for the electric fan on an air conditioned car? If not, can you recommend a source for the appropriate model? And no, I haven't checked the forum search because for some reason my computer has become incredibly s-l-o-w. (or could it be this site?)

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Guest Anonymous

2002's weigh about 2000 pounds and come stock with 100hp. (20#/hp) Quickest and cheapest way to improve performance is dump weight. front bumper is useless and weights 17#. Spare tire is another 20# rear seats are 40# jack is 10#. Center console 10#. You now have 5% more performance and no cost and the parts can go be stored out of the wear and tear and replaced in a few hours if you want to SELL yikes!

Have fun

Sell! E-gads man. Wash you mouth with 20-50. I taken the baby in for a media bath (blast), some minor smoothing of the ole bod, and a shining new coat of paint. (Cost, don't ask) My wife knows I'm crazy and will personally institutionalize (or kill me) me if I mentioned the word "sell". Additionally, my son can't wait to get his hands on it once the wife makes her move or I keel over. Gave the boy a tease when I had a pacemaker and stints put in plus having stroke and a heartattack earlier this year. I sensed he was drooling so I recovered.

i have a 10 inch pusher fan, a puller will not fit. any quality fan 10-14 inches should work. if you have ac you will have to make the fan come on every time the ac is turned on. my fan is a perma cool i believe. if you do have ac, remove that as it will not get you HP gains, but i am sure you already knew that.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD