• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

resistor wiring

daved.

Is is possible my resistor is installed backwards? Looking at the Petronix material it appears there should be two spade connectors on the side away from the coil side. Mine has two on the coil side but only one on the switch side. The wire to the coil is green/red, the wire to a relay on the opposite side is green. Second spade on the coil side is empty. No wiring diagram I have seen shows a green/red here but it is clearly original.

This appears to be a new twist to the ongoing resistor unknowns.

Car is a '71 twelve fuse.

'71 Migala

Resistors can be connected either way; they are non-polarized. As long as you go by wire colors, you'll be OK.

The two terminals on one end of your resistor are probably a push-on adapter. You should be able to move that to the other end if needed.

I don't know the details of the Pertronix wiring, so take the comments above as generalizations rather than specifics for your case.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

Thanks, after a beer that is what I figured. I reversed the unit, checked the resistance before and after and it all looks fine. Now I just need to figure out what to run the tach wire to.

Thanks for the help.

'71 Migala