• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

timing indicator on the enigine

eaker02

74tii

Can this piece be purchased or replaced? Didnt think about it awhile ago.

Car's at the shop and was replacing radiator, KF pump belt, and was going to adjust valves. Found there was no nut on the crank pulley.

Going to order this along with some other parts, but as I was reading the manual about the head, timing, etc, it dawned on me that there was no pointing indicator at the pulley.

Any ideas, tips, tricks, unusal?

Looked on Mobile Traditions site and saw it, but couldn't find the page that had it.

Thanks

Ron

74tii

Can this piece be purchased or replaced? Ron

For ignition timing on a tii, use the ball in the tranny housing method - just like all '02s (or use your ear).

For a tii, there is a notch in the waterpump pump pulley that is used to align the crank with the KF pump. Match the notch in the pulley (and make sure you #1 cycliner is TDC - pull the valve cover) with the hash mark on on the lower plastic pulley cover. This needs to align with the marks on the toothed KF wheel and a mark inside the housing (remove the upper plastic pulley cover).

Found there was no nut on the crank pulley. Ron

There is a nut. It may be hidden by the water pump pulley (i can't remmeber if the pulley completely covers up the nut). There are four bolts that hold the water pump pulley in place. If you remove the pulley, make sure you remember the orientation (i seem to remember that you need to remove the pulley and lower plastic pulley cover in order to repalce the toothed KF belt).

no pointing indicator at the pulley.

There is a small notch in the pulley. This is used to align the KF pump with the crank (see above).

Buy yourself the McCartny book. Good luck

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii