• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scirocco opinions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Mechanical parts are mostly cheap and available. The Scirocco is a VW A1 chassis-based car and shares most of the hardware with the 1974-1984 Rabbit/GTI. You might have trouble with body trim pricing though.

The engine is an interference one, so the timing belt should be changed as insurance. If it breaks repairs are Very expensive, unlike the 8V engine.

For more info you might want to try a VW specific board such as the one on www.vwvortex.com .

HTH

Harry

Guest Anonymous

I have the chance to get a 1988 Scirocco 16v. Anybody know anything about them? I need something to drive in bad weather. Parts available, easy to work on? What should I look out for etc...

Guest Anonymous

I was going to buy a 16v Jetta before I got the 02. I love those motors. I also had a plan to drop one of those motors into a 83 Rabbit Pickup truck. Those cars and parts do show up in junkyards, however, the motors usually get yanked for swaps into other VW's

Trent