• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project BMW S2002

i'll post up some pictures later on of my pedal box. I'm doing a booster delete and running manual brakes. it was commonly done on the old race cars. Simply pull the pedal box, grind off the upright brackets (weight saver too), weld on a reinforcement strap, drill/cut holes and run the MC. Choose your MC based on brakes. I assume you'll be running something BIG up front and at least RDB?

I'll post what I have up later tongiht when I can get my photobucket at home.

Going out for drinks so if I forget dont' blame me! If I'm lazy & dont' do it - thomasjwinston AT yahoo DOT com

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

LINK:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,295813/highlight,pedal+box/

To keep everything together. I found this by going to forum search and typing 'pedal box' in the top and 'winstontj' in the user name.

I plan on using an e32 master cylinder from a 750i. you can buy them from autohaus for $150 shipped.

I'll come on later and post up pictures of my pedal box and the progress. Simple idea is to grind off the booster support uprights and make it work.

Le I got your email - will reply & post up more soon!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, wish I saw this earlier. I don't really have anything much to add, but I know I saw a thread on this before.

If you do an exhaustive web search you might find the guy that tried this. It was years ago, but I'm sure its still out there. He had the same problem with engine height that you have. Not that it's a problem really.

I absolutely love that engine. Honda is one of a kind in their ability to make an economical sport engine with great longevity.

A buddy of mine and I are putting one of these, as well as a full S2000 suspension in a Toyota AE86. The goal is to take it to the Newfoundland Targa in a couple years.

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

in that thread of the alpina another used posted that his early 1600 came stock with no power brakes and the brake master was mounted to the pedal box from factory and that he had a local fab shop mount a clutch master to it since the car was manual clutch.

i would think that if you can get an old 1600 pedal box that would be the ticket.

• 10 months later...