• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many different booster connectors are there?

BLUNT

need the early type white in color

well the etk is just wrong then. i went all the way back to the 1600's and it calls for this number for all of them which is what i ordered

34331103261 and its not correct

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i wish i had the old one. i took it out 4 years ago when i bead blasted and painted this thing and it slipped thru the crack somewhere.

How is that possible? I haven't been to your house......yet!

And I don't think you had it with you when you were at my house?

I'll run down to the pharmacy and get some mineral oil.

If it pops out, I'll ship it immediately.

You don't mind if it is "primer Brown color" pre-lubed for installation, do you?

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Guest Anonymous

Jonny, you are to be commended for leaving no cheek unturned in your offer to look for Blunt's lost part. But all this talk of brown primer implies you work for UPS as a second job. If this is true, even if it is part time work, does this mean you actually wear the uniform? Or are there allowances due to your apparent clothing disability?

I am glad to state the most recent deliveries have all been intact and I would attribute this to extra careful handling and proper working shock absorbers in all the delivery vehicles. I am glad that one of the packages was wrapped in plastic since there was this oily residue on the outside of the package;)

Good luck in looking for Blunt's part!

lol

need the early type white in color

well the etk is just wrong then. i went all the way back to the 1600's and it calls for this number for all of them which is what i ordered

34331103261 and its not correct

For the 2002 non-tii booster, there are two common types of elbow connectors.

The later part plugs into a grommet fitted to a round 18 mm hole in the booster, and the earlier part has the three keys molded into the plastic & seals with a gasket (no grommet.) That early part may as well be NLA, it costs too much & I won't use any booster that requires a $50 plastic elbow that should sell for $2.

I posted info previously, copied it below. If the application/years don't match up for so many folks responding here, perhaps it's best to recommend looking at the booster to determine which will fit.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,294224/highlight,booster+connector/

BillWilliams wrote:

We can get those but for some reason, we can not get the gasket that the connector goes into.

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ST12&mospid=47140&btnr=34_0813&hg=34&fg=25

Bill & blue7500,

There were two versions of the booster vacuum connector, the part Bill points to (yikes! $$47.52 for 34 33 1 103 261) is only for the early cars pre-Model 73.

If Max's catalog is loaded from the later ETK, I know it misses the distinction between the two versions, which can be a problem for unwitting customers.

Early part:

Usually round topped white plastic, and fits in a hole in the booster approx. 22 mm diameter with 3 keyed notches. The seal is like a gasket, rather than the grommet that fits in the later boosters. These early parts are almost always brittle by now, so if yours is not cracked or leaking, leave it alone! Seals are NLA and the connector might as well be, I can't see paying almost $50 for a plastic elbow connector.

Later part:

Usually square black plastic, with an ATE logo.

Only $2.29 and is used on many BMW from Model73 2002s thru at least some E36. These fit into a grommet that fits in a plain round hole in the booster that is a bit over 18 mm diameter. You can still get 34 33 1 113 652 for the elbow connector, and the grommet is 34 33 1 113 653 (was $2.76, might be NLA from BMW)

Which booster you have will determine the elbow you need.

If you break an early part, it's almost worth it to switch to a later booster (or get a tii booster) for the parts availability.

The late elbow is also found as an Opel part:

BMW 34 33 1 113 652

OPEL 5 45 306

The late grommet is common with even more makes of cars:

BMW 34 33 1 113 653

HANOMAG HENSCHEL 000 431 99 60

MERCEDES-BENZ 000 431 99 60

MERCEDES-BENZ 000 997 67 35

OPEL 5 45 351

OPEL 8983664

PORSCHE 911 355 921 00

VAG 861 612 175