• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike McCurdey Tribute Thread: Swag appeal for Job Well Done

Don't know if you all were aware, but Mike McCurdy has moved on to darker pastures (no he's not dead) but he's moving to the east coast and sadly is no longer a 2002er.

I'd noticed he wasn't posting or around much but didn't notice that his car had been for sale in the for sale section:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

If you didn't know, it was Mike who put in some SERIOUS hours developing the new site as you see it today. I had hit a rut trying to transition the old static html BBS files into a threaded database format (it was the threading that killed me). Mike is like a NASA programmer so he is on another level and donated what little free time he had to get us over the hump and bring all those data into a much more usable system.

He also did a lot of the graphics and the layout.. it was pretty amazing. Most of what you see today Mike either designed or had a hand in making and I was thinking how all his work has gone unsung and now he's not even using the site he worked so much on.

So I asked Steve K if he'd take a few donations so we could send Mike off to the East with some bmw2002faq swag -- even if he doesn't have his car any more.

Doesn't have to be much. Steve K was saying he'd donate a mug and I thought I'd kick in a few bucks for some stickers or a beer stein or whatever. Steve's Paypal account can take the donations and depending on how much he gets he'll just order up some stuff from the FAQ store -- and make a swag bag for Mike as a token of our appreciation.

Seriously, if it wasn't for Mike this site wouldn't be 1/2 of what it is today.

You can Send Him off in style

(this goes to Steve K's paypal and after a week or two he'll make a swag bag up)

Thanks again Mike!

-Zachary from Langlois

Mike's car will live on at the FAQ. I am the lucky one to now own it. The transaction was wonderful, everything went perfect. I replaced a Chamonix flooded during Katrina with a great car from Mike. We both had reservations during the negotiation stages but it all worked out extremely well. Good luck Mike and thanks. This one will not be flooded!

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007