• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

short bumpers

JOHNAHOF

I know I have seen this topic before but I can not find the answer now and I am sorry to have to clutter the board with a new topic but where is the information on how to install short early bumpers on a 76 02? I already have the rear bumper installed so I only need the directions for the front bumper.

Thanks,

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

The big 5MPH bumpers I took off my car were mounted to the frame via round tubular bars and the older style short bumpers are mounted via bent steel stock. It looks like the bent brackets of the short bumper will slip in along side the frame but I'm not sure how to get in there to drill the holes for attaching them.

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

racetep sells them, I assume they could tell you how to install them. Isn't the only difference shortened steel bars protruding from the frame?

Naw. The mounts for the front are in a different place. I think you need to mount the small bumpers to where the early cars mounted and then you need to weld up and paint athe valence where the big bumpers poked out.

TEP sells a kit to just shorten the big 74-76 bumper mounts.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades