• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a contact to trailer my ALPINA 2002 to Sonoma

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

From SF Peninsula. I have a friend volunteer that has offered his services with a U-Haul Trailer and his V10 Touareg, however he is pretty busy and traveling out of country constantly. Not looking for a freebee here but someone with a tow vehicle and trailer that can take my ALPINA 2002 safely from my garage to Hamlin Fabrication at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. No set date currently but some time in the next 3-4 weeks is my target (Behind schedule again!). Safety of course first, economics a close second. Let me know if anyone has any hot tipes other than the usual suspects....

tx

maybe try the goldengate bmw cca chapter forum? there are lots of club racers who might be willing to lend a hand, especially with such a historic 02!

here's their forum: http://www.justracing.com/ggc_bmw_cca/

their driving events coordinator runs justracing.com as well and probably knows some folks who could help out.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Guest Anonymous

Trying to avoid boning out $300 or more to tow it up there. The Touareg and a Uhaul trailer will probably be the most economic, a little concerned that it is so (so) low to the ground that I wont get it up the ramps - light engough I guess with two people we could lift it and push it in. Thanks again.

Guest Anonymous

drop you a note. I was really hoping to get the car up there this month. HOWEVER, I havent received my rear clip sheet metal yet (maybe next week) AND I ordered a new nose (not here yet), I am going to Denver myself on Business Feb 6-8th so now I am thinking some time (hopefully shortly thereafter). By the way I am painfully close in San Carlos.....If it works out we can work out the financial end of things (Like I said, not looking for a freebie).

Thanks again

Mark

I could likely help as well. I have a flatbed and dodge diesel and tow all of the time.

I'm in Sebastopol and travel for work all of the time, but we can probably work out timing.

Let me know if you strike out on other avenues, and we can likely work something out. tom shores at earthlink dot net. Remove the spaces...