• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have or know of any good quarter panels? A couple Qs

JustinB

I have not given up on the quarters that are on the car right now, I still have yet to get it into the garage to remove all the bondo I found and see if I have a fighting chance of straightening them out to my standards and getting the turbo flares installed without a thick covering of bondo between them and the painted metal.

That is besides the point, does anybody know of any known-good, bondo free, straight quarter panels on any cars that may be being parted out, or something happened to them? I'd like to know I have access to a back up plan if I do give up on the ones I have now. Buying new is also an option, but it costs so damn much, and if I do that I'd end up replacing the rear panel and trunk floor too!

Also, I'm not so confident on my panel fixing abilities, do any of you have a ballpark idea what it would cost to install the panels? Not necessarily attaching them to the inner fenders since they'll be cut away anyway, but old removed, new on, no paint work or any of that.

Michael Dubois?

Just trying to gather information rather than wasting time away while I can't work on the car itself :). Thanks..

We have never done a 02 quarter panel here, but I can extrapolate that it would be easier than most cars. Usually they give us 14 hours, lets say 10 for a 2002, this doesn't include cutting and cleaning the donor one, so add another 4 hours. Roughly a couple days ****book time****. Times that labor rate 70-80 and you got your number. That is if anybody is willing to do it in the first place.

If you are doing flares, you will be doing bondo

If you are replacing quarters, you will be doing bondo

Start sanding, bondo is intuitive, has nothing to do with experience. I've seen 20 year old veterans that can't do it to save their life, and new guys pick it up in days!

FAQ Member # 91

Michael, they're turbo flares. I shouldn't need any bondo at all to attach them. What I was/ am hoping to be able to do is get the surface under the mounting surface of the flare itself bondo free on the quarter panel, but currently mine on both sides have about a quarter inch caked on. I wanted the metal, or a very light skim coat of bondo in the arch where the flares are attached with rivnuts and screws, rather than so much there, so it is coming down to saying screw it and mounting them through the thick bondo, taking it off and trying to get the panel closer to what it should be and doing a lighter skim coat, or replacing them...