• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wasted Spark Bits

cowlum

Hi

My megasquirt has been running sweetly for a while now and I am preparing to replace the dizzy with EDIS.

I have only found one type of car here in NZ with EDIS fitted (european ford escourt). I have managed to pull the EDIS computer itself and the coil-packs + leads. However these fords dont have the usual VR-sensor or 36-1 toothed wheel thats useful for my conversion.

I know I have the correct part as mine is

91AB-12K072-AA*

listed on the site

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/findedis-euro.html

I see I can purchase the wheel and sensor from Boost Engineering

http://home.earthlink.net/~beanbooger/boost_engineering/

So my question is has anyone dealt with this company or could recommend a better one.

I need to do my reaserch because dealing with issues from NZ can be a b*tch. I cant just walk in to the store and start yelling.

Cheers!

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

I'm running an undersized crank pulley, so the standard ford sized wheels weren't going to work for me.

I purchased my wheel/vr sensor from trigger-wheels.com

http://trigger-wheels.com/store/index1.html.

They're in the UK. Shipping to US was quick, he's great to deal with. The other nicety is that he has many different sized wheels with a pilot hole cut, you just have to machine or bore to your size.

They also sell EDIS coil packs, VR sensors, et al.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not getting a reply from we either of these companies.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good place to order trigger wheels from.

Im not really interested in dealing with companies that are slack, esp when I live Down-Under.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

You can buy a Ford Bronco (V-6 motor) 36-1 wheel that has a much smaller hole in the middle. This you will have to have machined out but it is available on most V6 fords newer than 1985. Check around. Also if that does not work you could always make your own. Go to www.zeebuck.com and check out what Zenon did... It's possible and since the FAQ store sells a crank position sensor bracket it's even easier.

Good luck. I got all my stuff from the pick & pull so I really can't say that I have dealt with any of those vendors.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76