• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundie trailer hitch--can anyone post a pic for me?

Tbone

I might no some one that has one, he might want to get grid of it.

I'll ask him tomorrow and get back to you

jp cadoux /a-1 imports autoworks

JP Cadoux

A1 Imports Autoworks

(415)453-3601

a1imports@sbcglobal.net

www.a1importsautoworks.com

BMW Technician

After conducting a nationwide search for an "original aftermarket" hitch (like the one in the link above), we finally gave up and fabricated one for Otis. The nice part about fabricating the hitch? We made it a receiver-style hitch so that we can use standard Class 1, 1-1/4 hitches, bike carriers, etc. etc. It's also rather inconspicuous when not in use.

I only laid eyes on the "original" style once in person (at V@V in 2004), and I remember that it was permanently mounted and stuck out a fair amount, which is prime shin-knocking territory (you know -- walk around the back of the car - bang - ouch - curse word(s)). I could be wrong on this, but that's what I remember. Also, I'm not sure what the the "original" bolted to, but we integrated ours into the frame, to firm up the rear end a bit (since I'm not running a strut brace - the subwoofers are in the way). And, we were able to powder coat it so that it won't rust.

All in all, I was happy with the end product, although it did take a lot of time, effort, and energy to get it right. Sorry, I don't have any pics right now -- I'll try to snap something and post it up.