• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunroof questions

lsixt

Reference this

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2213&mospid=47140&btnr=54_0218&hg=54&fg=05

Questions are:

1) part numbers 54129734169 and 54129734170 are NLA. What purpose did they provide? Only thing I can see is it provided a surface for the cables to ride on. I'm going to cut some "plastic" and make my own as the originals are lost. Do I need them?

2) part number 54121837947 and 54121837948 are rubber "covers". I don't have them, but I do have the one that goes in the front. I assume this is what the headliner material is glued to around the front of the roof? Any ideas of what I can do for the "missing pieces" (basically both sides).

3) In line with question 2 above. Again I assume these pieces are glued UNDER the sunroof channels?

Dang, I wish it wasn't six years ago when I took this thing apart. sigh

Thanks once more gang,

Len

As for question one, yeah you could just make some out of some thin plastic, the cables will ride on it and keep it from riding on metal roof. i would not worry about glue to hold them down.

question 2, not sure what that is, i have taken mine apart and dont recall having that part out. take a look at the site my2002tii.com and search the sunroof and you may see it there. not sure if you need them.

hope this helps

have a good day

frank

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

Guest Anonymous

Most folks parting out sunroof cars are only able to sell

a) the entire roof clip

or

B) the upholstered panel with metal panel, maybe some cables, and an adjuster or two

so - I bet you could find the correct bits at "throw away" prices pretty readily. I think you'll have better results with correct parts, instead of toiling away trying to "make" those thin plastic sheet pcs. etc. try the Parts forum first. I'll personally vouche for folks like Sherman Martinez on the FAQ....knows his stuff, sells only top notch condition parts, and a fella I've known since 1989. Oh2Fly (David at 2002 restorations) also ranks among the best sellers from whom I've purchased used parts.

Paul