• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M/B Door Brakes

jwcurry

I picked one up the other day and yes it does need to be shortened a little bit. If you can compare it to a none broken door brake it will be rather easy to figure it out. Good luck!

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

Hey there Jerry

I picked up a set from U-Pull-It the other day and installed one in the passenger door of my 76. In the first stop position it is slightly shorter than the original part, but holds the door at about 45 degrees which is fine by me. The second position is a fair bit longer than the stock part, but I am unable to hyperextend the door as the arm interferes with the side of the stop cutout. I suppose I could force it but that would be less than smart.

I do get the popping that comes from the pin hole being a bit larger than the 02 part, think I can bush that out to the proper size though.

You *can* use these as-is, but some modifications are a good idea. I'll probably cut and weld these to be the right length when fully extended, and am thinking about making new mounting brackets for the inside of the jam. Mine are rusty and a bit flimsy.

Overall I think these are a good find.

Mike

Well, I've got 4 on order from AutohausAZ.

We'll see how they work.......

Any other opinions vis-a-via, plug & play vs. some alterations necessary?

Jerry

jerry i believe you're gonna get more of the same...since the last episode of door brakes, i've added one to my passenger door too...i didn't have to do anything other than bolt the suckers on using only the end mounting brackets but others said they did

i can see where some people might have to use spacers to move the brake back 1/2" + or -...the gap size between your door and front fender will determines that