• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

smoking during turns, any answers?

nalgalover

I just have a question about something that occurs when I make hard left turns without accelerating, my car smokes like crazy for a good 15-30 seconds..its a billowing white smoke, that leaves a trail of smoke like a smokescreen, smells a little sweet like antifreeze when it smokes...my brother in law thinks its excessive full dumping. Im puzzled because after the 30 seconds its gone, no smoke no smell, nothing! It only does it on hard turns with no acceleration..any theories, answers?

Brake fluid is pretty corrosive and may have chewed it up.

Fluid is passing through the M/C, through the booster into the engine......and damn, what a white cloud.

I had a 68 Volvo 122, that would mosquito fog-up the entire neighborhood.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

Sorry; couldn't resist. But yeah, sounds like every description I've heard of burning brake fluid due to a bad brake master cylinder; you'll probably need to suck the fluid out of your booster (use an old turkey baster with some tubing forced over the end, maybe) and might need a new length of reinforced brake booster hose and a check valve too. Be prepared that your booster may quit in a little while due to brake fluid eating the rubber diaphragm, but you can probably find a good used one here pretty cheaply.

Good luck; post a follow-up to what you find.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler