• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Rebuild in Atlanta area - need a good shop

TBBMW

I want to get the bottom end of my engine rebuilt for my Polaris project. I had the head rebuilt last year after a blown head gasget, but after reading the board with some of the comments about engine builds I have decided to bite the bullet and have the block rebuilt too. Does anyone know of a good shop in Atlanta (preferably in south Atlanta) that can do this? I am trying to have my car ready for Vintage at the Vineyards.

1974 2002 Chamonix

1974 2002 Tii

1975 2002 Polaris

1985 535i Diamantschwarz

If you don't mind driving up to Buckhead, I like Buckhead Imports at 28 Irby Ave (across from Henri's bakery) 404-816-9606. They have been doing the major mechanical work on my two for years. They also service Mercedes and Jaguar and it is not uncommon to see E-types getting service. The shop is owned by Jason now who bought it from Lloyd. Lloyd still works three or four days a week and he has been repairing BMW's since our 2002's were new. Everyone there is nice and helpful.

If you don't want to go that far north, check out RWL Imports at 520 Edgewood, just east of Boulevard. 404-588-1624. Bob services Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes and there are usually older 911's and 356's floating around along with 80's BMW's. I have never had my cars there, but they have come recommended to me by several sources and seem to have a very good reputation in Atlanta for servicing older German autos.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

74tii polaris

71 track car

Thanks for the info, I called Buckhead Imports and they told me that "they don't work on anything that old". I am waiting on a call back from RWL.

1974 2002 Chamonix

1974 2002 Tii

1975 2002 Polaris

1985 535i Diamantschwarz