• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

might be re-wiring an 02. have you?

Ryann

I've got my engine bay stripped of all parts, ready for sandblasting/paint. When I disconnected the wiring and pulled it back through the firewall (which was a real pain in the ass) I began to consider the possibility of re-wiring the entire car using an up to date fuse block. Has anyone done this before?

im going to be doing this also-- after my alternator siezed and frapped my wires, I figured it would be a good point.

I'm wiring in my gauges, efi, and other stuff rather cleanly, but I'm still working on the overall schematic. I'm going to run a lot of LED's also, so i still have a lot to figure out. Im going to be using a fuse block by Bussman from waytek wire. Cheap, and good quality. THey have inline ones but finding a clean stock one was hard-

Let me know if you have any questions and such.

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

yeah this has the same fuses, and a cover. Im putting everything in a central location along with all those relays and stuff.

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

West marine and other boating shops carry a myriad of electrical stuff. Fuse blocks, connectors, terminal blocks etc.

There is anti-oxidation compound that can be found at any place that sells electrical supplies, the brand names are Noalox and Penetrox. I suggest putting this stuff on ALL mechanical connections (screws or bolts) and EVERY connection that is outside of the passenger cabin. It is goopy shit and you can make quite a mess with it however it will preserve the integrity of the connection for many years. In the electrical industry we use it in high moisture environments and anywhere salt may find its way into the equation.

I have used the stuff on boats and in Marinas and never had a problem.

I feel it is one of those cheap insurance while you are in there type of deals.

Good Luck

Justin

PS I am doing a complete re-wire also and I am going to do my best to document everything.

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

I made a new harness years ago just for the alternator wires going from the connector on the alternator to the voltage regulator. Its just 3 wires and its easy enough for me to figure out so it wasn't that hard. You just connect the blue wires from the regulator to the dash light so that you car still has a alt light that works and know you have a clean harness that goes down to the alternator.