• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have a newbie forum????

All-tiied-up

Hello all,

Had a look around to find a new members forum.....but couldn't.....so I went for the subtle approach!!

Anyways, down to it, I have a project RHD 1972 2002 tii, for which, I will, on occasion, come and rack peoples brains for a while to see what are the best modifications out there to increase braking, suspension, engine and electrics, without outwardly changing the overall apperence of the car, or butchering it beyond praticality!!

The car, although a true 'tii' only came to me without the injection unit, so probably going to go in the carb direction.

I have collated a few 'normal "must read" books', so I will start a thread for What are the best modifications in the appropriate section.

I look forward to reading your replies!

All the best

All-tiied-up

If it doesn't feel right, don't do it !

Laughter is the best medicine :D

Welcome! There is no newbie forum as such but you're going to find tons of information here.

I would start by going here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/section/3/32/

Also, the search function is helpful for finding good information. I've been hunting around for rust repair info. There's a bunch out there.

Good luck with your project.

Welcome to the illness!!!

There are a couple of choices for braking check out Ireland Engineering in the links section or Massive brakes.

As far as suspension Ireland is again an excellent source.

Engine is all about how much much can you spend. You can go anywhere from a rebuilt from bavarian motor exchange for a few grand to a full race engine for 10k++++.

Good luck and do not worry about "stupid questions" as someone wiser than I stated here recently the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)