• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need some help from M2 guys

us4736

my car was running fine i was doing some burnouts in the street i shut the car off and it has'nt started since (about 3 weeks i been trying to get it going ) i've narrowed it down to i'am not getting a ground signal to the injectors i have power on the one side but know ground on the other side . i have spark if i gave it a shot of either it fires right up .i checked all my grounds,my fuel pumps are working ,getting fuel to fuel rail and the return is working .checked all my relays . theirs know way to check my ECU i looked in it and it does'nt smell like anything burnt in it .i can't see anything bad . is anyone willing to plug this in to their car to see if its good or not ( not you skippy in AU or nick in france i'am in CT ) i'll take care of shipping .a used one is like 4 or 5 hundred i hate to throw $ away .i've tryed everything anybody got any ideas. BTW the ECU is from a 89 i'll get a part # if you need it .

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Hi,

this sounds just like a problem that another m2 conversion

had several years ago. the problem was actually a ground

connection at a bundle point. after that i can't recall.

What i do remember is that the resolution was forthcomming

from......Pete McHenery from Precision Performance in

winston-salem NC. he has done 30 or so M2 conversions.

google his name or business.

good luck

stone

stone racing co

Sounds like you have been covering your bases. Stone is on the right path. Check the bundle of brown ground wires near the ECU. Make sure it's a good contact and they haven't rattled loose. ECU should be good as long as the transistor in it that controls the ICV is ok. You will notice and smell it when you opened it.

Other than that, hopefully S14.net will be up soon, so the experts there could shead some light on the subject too. Till then they do have an emergency forum.

http://www.s14.net/emergencyforums/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=7afeae11a0396fbc6af18dbbc55f95ab

Good luck....

MOE

SIGSTUFF2.jpg

Proud Member #190 since 2003.

Sounds like you have been covering your bases. Stone is on the right path. Check the bundle of brown ground wires near the ECU. Make sure it's a good contact and they haven't rattled loose. ECU should be good as long as the transistor in it that controls the ICV is ok. You will notice and smell it when you opened it.

Other than that, hopefully S14.net will be up soon, so the experts there could shead some light on the subject too. Till then they do have an emergency forum.

http://www.s14.net/emergencyforums/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=7afeae11a0396fbc6af18dbbc55f95ab

Good luck....

MOE

This forum is not too shabby also:

http://board.s14power.com/

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.