• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Heater after AC Removal

Ryan_71-02

I've been looking and looking through the archives for an answer with no luck. Others have obviously ran into this problem before, but no one seemed to post a solution. The obvious answer is to find the link between the AC switch and the heater controls (which I can't seem to find), but then do what with them??? Here's the backstory: 1975 2002, completely stock, with complete factory/dealer installed AC. The car sat for many years, but the heater fan blade moves freely. Not sure if the heater even worked before removing the AC system. All four wires leading to the heater box from the wiring harness are attached correctly, and all wires are connected to the switch; but it seems to be getting no power.

After having all the AC components removed, the only odd wires remaining are two spade male terminals in a female socket. One terminal sits perpendicular centered to the other... MAKE ANY SENSE?? Don't have a camera boys and girls, otherwise I'd make both our lives easier and "show" you. Do i need to bridge these two spade connectors? I don't want to fry anything, and I know a heater swap is a real PITA...

ThankYouEveryone,

Ryan

The answer is probably simple. For Behr A/C (not sure about Frigiking or Clardy) the heater fan power runs through the A/C switch, so only one can be running at a time. You need to reconnect one wire. You can find the details in the Behr manuals at http://www.thetiiregister.com/behrac/index.htm

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators