• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon_uk

I just thought I'd let you folks all see the progress on my little project! As some of you know, the majority of the work on my 2002 has been carried out by myself, my father and close friend Barry. Oh yeah, and my girlfriend donned some overalls to help me rub the bodywork down prior to a respray. Thats real love for you!

I ran the car for a while but I always wanted to change things. The doors needed replacing as they had been re-skinned badly by the previous owner. I wanted to remove the lower bump strips and I also had a few niggling bits that just needed tidying up. When I found a donor car last year I snapped it up. I also sourced an original Kamei front spoiler. I decided the best way to sort the panel gaps etc was to entrust my the car to a local bodyshop that my father has been using for many many years (he has spent his working life in the trade).

These pics show where shes at at the moment. I have literally just got back from the bodyshop and am feeling sooooo happy! The panel gaps are brilliant, the doors are sitting nice and flush and while there is still lots to do, it's great to see that its being done right! She's gonna be ready for a trip to Europe next year and I really can't wait! The engine needs a tune up after a rebuild but I have managed to get hold of a 4 into 1 manifold for the exhaust so I will sort that all at the same time. The webbers are running a treat - massivly thirsty but still loads of fun! I have also put a lightened balanced flywheel in and a recon gearbox. Roll on the summer!

post-1590-13667571312822_thumb.jpg

post-1590-13667571318444_thumb.jpg

post-1590-13667571319483_thumb.jpg

congratulations, you'll have a nice ride when she is all done.

A pleasure to read your comments and see pictures of a body shop in the UK, very educative (I own one in CA), somethings look so the same, and yet there is a big crane that intrigues me. Looks like you are in good hands.

thanks for sharing.

FAQ Member # 91

Thanks for the encouragement! It is always an experience visiting the bodyshop - behind my car but sadly out of shot is a Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth - an old schoolboy dream car for me. The body shop is vast but I didn't think to take any other shots. He has a couple of E-Type Jags in at the moment as well - it's always great just meeting and chatting with the people there.